The A-lehdet Group is the largest media house in Finland.
When Microsoft made changes to the licensing and pricing of SQL Servers, it was no longer practical for A-lehdet to continue the contract using the old model. In addition, the server equipment was reaching the end of its life cycle. For these reasons, A-lehdet decided that it was a good time to investigate the option of reducing the number of servers used.
A-lehdet did not have adequate in-depth knowledge of SQL Server databases, and therefore the company decided to involve an external specialist in the project. While other options were also considered, positive previous experiences, strong recommendations, and the unique capacity optimization solution made DB Pro and the Governor solution the logical choice.
- Achieving the planned savings in infrastructure costs
- 47% savings in licensing costs
- The minimum of 30% savings in hardware costs
- A server platform that is easier to maintain and more reliable
- Efficiency gain from spending less time on routine tasks, and more time on more productive work tasks
“Achieving the expected financial benefits of the project has started well, and it seems as if the rest of them will be achieved or even exceeded. Improvements in performance and time savings have also been a positive surprise, as they have exceeded expectations.”
– Pekka Kivenjuuri, CIO